BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear Mud Flaps (To Fit or Not to)

More
04 Apr 2020 12:06 #220675 by bryn
Just bought a new jimny and it came without any rear mud flaps (I don’t think it has ever had any fitted). I do some off road farm tracks and fields etc and was wondering if they are worth fitting. My old jimny had them but all they seem to do was trap the crud behind them topping up the rear bumper with mud.

Appreciated
bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2020 12:18 - 04 Apr 2020 12:19 #220676 by Scimike
I have a full set fitted to our G3 and the rears don't do much in my opinion, not enough bodywork behind them so the are protecting fresh air!
Yes they can trap mud in the bumper section, but it tends to wash out easy enough.
However they do keep the muck off our caravan when I tow it and I like the look of them, so I am happy to have them fitted.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 12:19 by Scimike.

More
04 Apr 2020 12:46 - 04 Apr 2020 12:47 #220678 by Foxtrot
I had them on my Jimny for the same reason as scimike, I used to tow a small caravan, the mudflaps kept the muck off the van, I also had General Grabber ATs and they stopped stones from being flung up like a slingshot and damaging the caravan..
Last edit: 04 Apr 2020 12:47 by Foxtrot.

More
04 Apr 2020 16:19 #220687 by Soeley
Hi, I have made my own MUDFLAPS as I thought the Suzuki ones were too short to do anything and too stiff if you knocked them whilst off road.

They don't really do much for your own car, but the person behind you on wet roads will be glad you have them. Imagine if every car had decent rear mudflaps fitted how much it would help keep the spray down. Thats my thoughts on it anyway, plus I think they look good.B)

More
06 Apr 2020 08:41 #220747 by saxj

bryn wrote: Just bought a new jimny and it came without any rear mud flaps (I don’t think it has ever had any fitted). I do some off road farm tracks and fields etc and was wondering if they are worth fitting. My old jimny had them but all they seem to do was trap the crud behind them topping up the rear bumper with mud.

Appreciated
bryn

The Gen 4 OEM mud flaps do absolutely bugger all. They are cosmetic only. If you want one's that work, you will need to make your own, like Soeley did.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds