BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

lost the PAS tensioner nut!!!!

• DevonChris
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2020 14:13 #220251 by DevonChris
lost the PAS tensioner nut!!!! was created by DevonChris
Hello all,

So I was replacing the belt and tensioner bearing on my Jimny PAS (super fidly, lost most of the skin on my hands....), when I dropped the adjustment nut into the engine compartment. Sadly, it didn't hit the ground and I've spent ages looking for it.:dry:

does anyone know what thread the bolt is? The head is 12mm on the bolt (although for some reason it had 11 stamped on it).

thank you in advance!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2020 16:37 #220254 by mlines
possible M8?

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• DevonChris
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2020 17:20 #220258 by DevonChris
Replied by DevonChris on topic lost the PAS tensioner nut!!!!
Thanks, I'm going to need to find a shop open with a range of nuts, but will start with M8 :)

More
25 Mar 2020 17:43 #220260 by Scimike
I assume like most it will be metric fine?
That's M8 X 1.25 if you are on eBay etc, not the more common M8 X 1.5 (course) thread.
Don't know which, assume fine, but maybe ask for both.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DevonChris

More
25 Mar 2020 19:21 #220265 by Busta
99% sure it's M8 coarse. But to be certain, find another 12mm nut in the engine bay and take that as a reference. There is one on the alternator tensioner. The replacement will be 13mm because that is the standard size for an M8 outside Japan. The Japanese, being a superstitious lot, avoid the number 13!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DevonChris

More
29 Mar 2020 11:09 #220409 by X8GGY
I've got loads of nuts and bolts in stock and a Post Office on site if you want to avoid going out...

PM me your address and I'll pop some in the post...

Dave

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds