BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

reversing sensor kit Gen 4 SZ5 query

More
06 Mar 2020 08:46 #219463 by treps
Hi

I am looking at the Suzuki reversing sensor kit. I see it has four sensors but no mention of an 'on-off' switch. Does anyone know if it is supplied? I saw the reversing camera thread but nothing on this. The dealer is unable to help. I will tow a bike trailer so I would like a switch to turn the damn thing off when towing. Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2020 09:39 #219466 by Gadget
No on/off switch on mine, although given that it only activates when you select reverse (presumably linked to the reversing light), it should be straightforward to wire in a switch to disable it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: treps

More
06 Mar 2020 11:10 #219474 by GeezerDan
Same with mine, no on/off switch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: treps

More
06 Mar 2020 14:21 #219491 by treps
Thanks. If it only comes on when in reverse gear, I guess no on-off button needed. Perfect, thank you. I guess I am used to the crossed out P button on other brands. Thanks again.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2020 15:36 #219496 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic reversing sensor kit Gen 4 SZ5 query
Control box & speaker hid behind N/S wheel arch cover (fitted by dealer) so easy enough to fit your own on/off switch.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds