BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

What size off road tyres will fit on a 2 inch suspension lift.

More
27 Feb 2020 19:21 #219164 by Porky
Hi All

Sorry for the newbee questions.

Done the 2 inch suspension lift and now I want to change my tyres to some decent off road knobbly tyres.
Having not owned a Jimny for long (2 years), not sure what is the best/largest tyre I can fit without problem on my 2017 Jimny 3.
Will I need to alter the rear door spare mount for an off road tyre, ie spacers ?

I've a few mods to do before the 2020 Jimny meet in May :-)

Cheers Porky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vinn3h
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2020 22:12 #219167 by vinn3h

More
28 Feb 2020 07:56 #219179 by sniper
If you go above 215/75x15 you start to have gearing problems and cause damage to clutch, shafts, CV's and transfer box. All stuff that is readily sorted but.... very expensive. £1500-2000 for a low ratio transfer box and hardened shafts/CV's.

I run 215's and have no problem on the lanes, often following cars with 30' + tyres, I just have to drive a bit more switched on. They can just roll over stuff that I have to pick my way through, and I've always got an excuse for when the day comes that I can't make it....

Mud tyres can be a ball ache to live with, try and find somebody on the forum with the tyres that you are considering. Ask them if you can meet up and you try them out. Not always the choice to make if it is a road car too.

Again I'm on AT's and have no problem on the lanes.

sniper

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2020 08:40 #219181 by Daniel30
I would go with 215 but honestly my Grabber X3's are no more noisey or un road worthy than my Grabber AT's I had

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds