BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G3 headlamp / mirror adjuster block - illuminated?

More
13 Feb 2020 19:23 - 13 Feb 2020 19:25 #218449 by Scimike
The Headlamp come mirror adjuster block on the G3, should it be illuminated with the interior lights or is it a none illuminated item?

Few nights ago I had need to adjust my headlamps and realised two things :
1)it's hard to find in the dark as you drive along
2) mine is not illuminated, which is the reason for option 1

So blown bulb or standard feature? Only asking as don't want to investigate only to find it's not illuminated.

Here is the item in question just in case my description is bad or you can't see yours as well :laugh:

Thanks
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Feb 2020 19:25 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2020 20:00 #218453 by gusthegorilla
I have two Gen 3's, and it's not illuminated on either of them....
....now you've got ME wondering, Mike !!!

Gus

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
13 Feb 2020 20:53 #218459 by Max Headroom
Mine isn't illuminated either - bit daft, but could easily have some light thrown on to it I guess

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
13 Feb 2020 21:02 #218460 by Scimike
Thanks all

So standard feature -. Unless some has something different?

Some form of head touch required or repeated "practice" to get muscle memory going.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Feb 2020 05:17 #218475 by Lambert
It's a muscle memory thing, you pick it up with prolonged exposure. You also become irritated when someone else has been playing with the light distribution you are used to.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds