BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Which tow bar?

More
18 Feb 2020 19:34 #218718 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Which tow bar?
I've never been stopped in mine with a non removable ball.
When I used to take it for MOT to a Suzuki dealer they always rang up and asked permission to remove the ball which I immediately fitted again once the car had passed.
Since then no other MOT station has failed me on it or asked to remove it.
Anyway a lot depends what you want to do now or in the future.
I fitted a bolt on ball as it has more versatility when it comes to any attachements that bolt behind the ball eg cycle carriers, motor cycle carriers or even an old fashioned bulldog typefriction damper etc. Yes I know it's limited to 75kgs.
Just saying swan necks can be a bit limiting but fine for straight forward trailers.

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2020 22:18 #218739 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Which tow bar?
When I had the Gen3 I had a TowTrust bar with a bolt on towball, and fitted a combi hitch, similar to this one. I used to keep the ball/pin inside so you could read the numberplate., and to stop people stealing it.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds