BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Castor Correction Bushes installation question

More
15 Jan 2020 08:06 #217278 by Jimny2003
Morning all, So 2" inch lift kit installed (after removing and replacing the seized rear shock bolts) and now have a pack of Pro Castor correction bushes to fit....found the really useful Jimny wiki guide, so thats really good...going to cut out old and push in new.....but have a quick question before I start on that.......when installing the Blue Pro bushes, do you install complete with metal inserts or can you fit the Blue poly bush and then slide the metal inserts and at that point sort their exact orientation, or do the Blue bushes have to be installed complete with the metal tube inserts...meaning they are driven/wound in accurately to the final corrected castor orientation.....hopefully I've explained myself ;) Thanks in anticipation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 10:03 #217282 by jackonlyjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimny2003

More
16 Jan 2020 12:07 #217303 by Jimny2003
Going well.....Arms off, old bushes out and after failing to get the new bushes in....now with local garage to push in....so my final Bush question....with new bolt hole locations on the front two bushes....from those who make a regular job of refitting bushes and the front Arms...is there a better order to refitting the bolts ..starting from rear or front..or middle...ps. Had to remove shock bottom bolt to get middle bolt out....thanks in anticipation.....and because I like sharing....axle and gear box oil delivered today....so when the castor bushes are sorted....it’s oil changing and grease nipples that get my attention next week....

More
16 Jan 2020 12:45 #217305 by jackonlyjack
only done it ounce i put arms onto axle first
used a ratchet strap and a couple of trolley racks
would be a lot easier with two people :)

More
16 Jan 2020 16:37 #217307 by Jimny2003
One side stripped and bushes replaced just have the middle bolt to wriggle through and reconnect the shock bolt......agree bloody fiddly on your own!!!! Will start the other side Friday ....need to warm my hands.....at least with side two, I know what works and what doesn’t.....hardest thing is getting the three arm bolts back in and through the arm....Did the rear bolt first, but might try the two into the axle first on other side....

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Jan 2020 19:24 #217315 by Lambert
It's definitely easier to attach the axle first and then the chassis end. Much much easier.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds