BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

CV joint help advice needed!

More
29 Nov 2019 13:19 #216066 by Keflady
Hi Guys and ladies!

Hubby has assigned me the task of obtaining a CV joint for my Jimny! Sounds easy you might think!

So it's a LHD SN413. Purchased in Greece and made in Spain. Open top cabriolet, the VIN number suggests after market part number 859117. Received this part but it came with a CV boot, our model has a cover not a boot, also drive shaft does not fit into joint.

The genuine Suzuki part omes as a complete unit with drive shaft, anyone know if the CV joint can be purchased separately or does it have to be bought with drive shaft? Part number on broken joint leads us nowhere....any suggestions gratefully received!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2019 15:20 #216069 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic CV joint help advice needed!
If you count the splines then we can sort out what you need.

Count the splines on the inner and outer parts of the CV itself

They often come with boots (even the correct ones) which you just throw away

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Dec 2019 10:40 - 03 Dec 2019 10:41 #216195 by Bosanek
You might also find this helpful:
www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=CV_joint_replacement

I'm afraid if it's a Spanish made one that it probably has the unobtainable type 3 CV joint ....
Last edit: 03 Dec 2019 10:41 by Bosanek.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds