BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Broke my diff.

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2019 17:57 #216565 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Broke my diff.

yakuza wrote:

kirkynut wrote: My 2000 rear diff did the same with the pinion gear but not the whole tooth, so it drove ok still, just with noises every now and then.

Kirkynut

My noise was hard to describe, mostly first gear take off, more if going up hill or pulling the trailer.
Clearly at peak torque.

Good job, i remember you mentioned the sound after regearing the transfer!
Maybe one toothe allready had gone bad at that point?

ARB working good now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2019 21:18 #216715 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Broke my diff.

OlaGB wrote:

yakuza wrote:

kirkynut wrote: My 2000 rear diff did the same with the pinion gear but not the whole tooth, so it drove ok still, just with noises every now and then.

Kirkynut

My noise was hard to describe, mostly first gear take off, more if going up hill or pulling the trailer.
Clearly at peak torque.

Good job, i remember you mentioned the sound after regearing the transfer!
Maybe one toothe allready had gone bad at that point?

ARB working good now?

Seems the noise is still here after all, but more silent. Still i am pretty sure my diff had too much play in it.
ARB has not been tested yet sadly, too much work and other things to do, like this season..
But compressor is in and wiring harness is allmost ready. Maybe one of these calm days after christmas :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds