BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13BB Engine Block

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2019 09:18 #215614 by Owl
G13BB Engine Block was created by Owl
Hi All, Question:

Is the G13BB engine block made of cast steel (cast iron?) or is the block cast Alloy? Head is alloy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2019 20:29 #215630 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic G13BB Engine Block
Alloy block and head.

It's been fettled just a tad.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owl

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2019 22:27 #215634 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic G13BB Engine Block
Thanks Jezz, that engine looks buggered for sure. I'm going to take head off mine and get head skimmed and attend to block surface if needed. That is if theres no other gremlins in there. Cracks and scores etc. I see you can buy new heads fairly cheap these days.

Question: Is the genuine head gasket of best quality as opposed to the non gen head gaskets, I guess theres good and bad ones but I got no idea when you cant look at them in the flesh.

The genuine head gasket over here is about $70.00 and the non gen ones go for $25.00 upwards. It seems this Jimny is vulnerable in the head gasket area so i'd like to do this job properly to get a few years out of it. I'm leaning towards genuine.

More
15 Nov 2019 10:51 #215651 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic G13BB Engine Block
After recently doing my head gasket for my g13b engine I would strongly suggest the genuine one for peace of mind. The aftermarket ones were a bit hit and miss, sometimes (like with my the rocker cover gasket) they were physically the wrong size and shape.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds