BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Winches

More
14 Oct 2019 14:44 #214748 by jackonlyjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GF68
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Oct 2019 14:45 #214749 by GF68
Replied by GF68 on topic Winches
I got the following answers when I asked the same question a few weeks ago.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...-winch-would-you-fit

I bought the synthetic Wynchmax and while I have not fitted it yet, I think the quality looks good for the money.

More
15 Oct 2019 08:05 #214774 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Winches

Roy wrote: Hi Kirkynut have just had Winch checked and one of the magnets is cracked so unfortunately not viable to repair shame really as the rest is good(spares maybe) anyway been looking at winches and seeing as I'm not going to do any serious off roading don't really want to spend a fortune, maybe a 3000 lb would be useful if needed. Seen loads on fleabay, are Rhino any good, seem good value, I know you get what you pay for, suggestion would be helpful.

I can't find the brand name "rule" for winches. Is this definitely it?

Most winch manufacturers sell replacement motors though.

A 3000lb winch is nowhere near strong enough for a Jimny. You need a minimum of 6000lb but mist of us use 9000lb.

There's cheap winches out there from Winchmax and Warrior. Check out eBay.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
15 Oct 2019 14:45 #214794 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:Winches
I can recommend Horntool winches. Good Chinese winches with European service, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds