BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOK NOW (BOOKING CLOSES EARLY OCTOBER!!) - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soft top Velcro rail.

More
06 Aug 2019 19:34 #211893 by Fossie
Soft top Velcro rail. was created by Fossie
I have searched the various threads but haven't found the answer ....but I bet someone has .
Has anyone done a template for the steel bar that the Velcro is on with the rivets to lock down the back of the soft top ..and sides if possible .
Mine is now not even history ...there is an essence it was there and a few presstuds remain.
It is obviously just a bar with Velcro on but the mounting points for the bolt holes need to be correct ......so Before I remove what's left I was hoping ( best moulder and skully voice ) the answer is out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2019 22:32 - 21 Aug 2019 22:34 #212481 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Soft top Velcro rail.
Velcro rail on the back door is the same width as double glazed extrusion!:cheer:
Easily unbolted from the door what was left of the steel, 3x spacers where the mounting screws are.
Velcro strip glued to extrusion, poppers added with rivets , attatched with spacers and job done .
Won't rust off again.;)
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 22:34 by Fossie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds