BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

changing spark plugs s3 vvt 2017

• barnsley john
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 18:20 - 14 Jul 2019 18:21 #211055 by barnsley john
changing spark plugs s3 vvt 2017 was created by barnsley john
i all just got a problem explained in a post earlier flat spot on tick over
so i am going to change the plugs anyway
first problem i have seen is when removing the spark plug plastic cover is there are only two spark plugs showing with two coil packs where the other two plugs are
am I right you need to take the coil packs off to get to the plugs ?
and before I take them off what are the best spark plugs to buy before I take them out has I want new ones here before attempting the job
thanks john
Last edit: 14 Jul 2019 18:21 by barnsley john.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2019 19:40 - 14 Jul 2019 19:42 #211062 by Scimike
Hi John,
Yes you are correct. Each coil pack sits on top of one plug with an extension lead to a second plug. It's a wasted spark system as both plugs that share a coil pack fire at the same time.
You can fit two types of plugs, Iridium tip or normal tip. Iridium are good for about 30- 40 k miles, normal about 10k miles. Eurocarparts sell both types, I've just fitted the Beru plug they list and they are fine. I removed the Bosch 4 prong "thing" they also list at about £5 each, also fine. Nothing wrong with the "normal" plugs at about £3 each, but if you hate doing the job maybe Iridium are for you, but expect £14 each per plug.
My main issue was the plug spanner as they are small plugs, motorbike size. Halfords sell a plug socket if you need one.
Easy enough job, just remember what order things go back.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Jul 2019 19:42 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barnsley john

• barnsley john
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 20:21 #211067 by barnsley john
Replied by barnsley john on topic changing spark plugs s3 vvt 2017
thanks for the info will get some and change john

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds