BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

OEM tow bar wiring in a Jimny 3

More
11 Jul 2019 07:53 - 11 Jul 2019 07:54 #210876 by Bosanek
Does anyone know how exactly does the factory connect the tow bar wiring to the main vehicle wiring in a Jimny 3?

In most DIY retrofit scenarios which I have seen, people just "clamp" or "solder on" the tow bar wiring onto the existing wires in the vehicle that go to the rear vertical lamps and to rear bumper lamps.

When I once examined the exposed wiring in the rear section of a Jimny 3 which did not have a tow bar, I did not find any unused connector which could be used to connect the tow bar wiring to.

So, I wonder how do Suzuki dealers connect the tow bar wiring when someone buys an OEM tow bar from them and has them do the retrofit.

I looked at some Suzuki Jimny 3 accessory brochures, and I found one accessory option P.N. 99000-990YV-065 called "El. connector 7-pin for tow bar". I found a (very tiny) advertising image of that kit online:

It appears that the OEM tow bar wiring harness does have some connectors at the end towards the vehicle wiring. The question is where and to what do those connectors connect to in the vehicle.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 07:54 by Bosanek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 08:48 #210881 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic OEM tow bar wiring in a Jimny 3
You have to disconnect the existing wiring plugs from the rear bumper and drag them inside the vehicle. The new harness couples to those and then on to backlights etc.
It's a neat solution but not necessarily worth the cost. I bought one on ebay new and unwanted for about 50 quid, in my view barely worth that.
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds