BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOKING NOW CLOSED

If you have booked you will shortly receive joining instructions- See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

INOX in new Jimny Lead-Acid Battery (JIS). It works!

More
12 May 2019 03:04 - 12 May 2019 04:50 #207741 by GeorgeC
I may be preforming Resuscitation on a battery that is approaching its use-by date. Therefore it would be nice to know just how long they have been filled with acid. This then begs the question, to mlines, facade, Suzuki, or anyone with the knowledge: Do any you gentlemen know how to read the date code on the top of the battery?

I found a website in Japan, www.furukawadenchi.co.jp/english/products/trans/ however the "Hi Dash" Battery was not on that list.

Thumbnails below:

"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."
www.aveoforum.com/forum/f118/seniors-jim...-suzuki-jimny-23477/
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 May 2019 04:50 by GeorgeC. Reason: Thumbnails

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 May 2019 05:39 #207747 by Lambert
What is making you think the battery is getting beyond it's service life? It is a new car and even a new model of that car, its not really likely that they have found an old battery in the corner of an outbuilding and thought it will do. Most factory batteries are good for 5 or 6 years minimum service even with limited mileage.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
13 May 2019 05:53 - 13 May 2019 05:57 #207837 by GeorgeC
As usual for me, I wrote too much in the previous post and attracted the Mod! :ohmy:

So last first, Lambert, thank you for your confidence in the Battery, you are the only one to have made a positive comment.

My question (in e-mails) as to the Commissioning Date of the Battery met with "no, we can't help" and "silence", until I spoke with a local battery maker who seems to have most of the codes. From our deduction, it was probably made on 31 August 2018. He said that this type of Lead/Acid Battery should last 5-8 years in normal service and the formation of Lead Sulphate on the plates can occur in storage but this should disappear with normal use.

The addition of the chemical INOX will help to dissolve the sulphate. So for now, it's "drive on George", check the battery occasionally and all should be well! :)

Thank you to all who have read the topic.

Last edit: 13 May 2019 05:57 by GeorgeC.

More
01 Jun 2019 03:09 - 01 Jun 2019 17:24 #209361 by GeorgeC
After carefully monitoring the resting voltage of the battery, since adding INOX, I can now declare; Yes it works! :woohoo:

If you would like a copy of the table, PM me an email address. ;)

Last edit: 01 Jun 2019 17:24 by GeorgeC. Reason: PM for table

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds