Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)

You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Convert 1-button Key FOB to 2-button. Possible?

• Thank you received: 0
14 Apr 2019 17:01 #206083 by Talkstar
Have someone here successfully converted a Jimny 1-button remote control key FOB to a newer & nicer looking 2-button control?
I have a type 6, 2006 Jimny Sierra, with the standard 1-button control. Is it possible to buy the appropriate blank transmitter, for a 2-button key FOB, and mate it to my car?
I haven't checked if the central locking computers are the same 1-b vs 2-b yet. I just wanted to ask if someone have had the same idea as me. My friend has a type 9, 2013 model Jimny JLX and that one uses the newer 2-button remote as standard.

-H56A, JB43W, NCP19, UCF31, Z50J2
-The Pajero is like a Range Rover. Equally capable in the mud but with a slightly less attractive women by your side / Tanner Faust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
14 Apr 2019 17:43 - 14 Apr 2019 17:44 #206090 by Talkstar
I will answer myself after a bit of snooping.
The keyless computer isn't the same. And it seems cars equipped with immobilizer uses the 2-button and those without uses 1-button remotes.
If I ever find a used jimny 2-b key I will test my theories. But chances are slim both operates on same frequency.
1-b seem to use 314mhz and 2-button 434mhz.

-H56A, JB43W, NCP19, UCF31, Z50J2
-The Pajero is like a Range Rover. Equally capable in the mud but with a slightly less attractive women by your side / Tanner Faust
Last edit: 14 Apr 2019 17:44 by Talkstar. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds