BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear facing car seat

• Northernpixie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2019 12:16 #204621 by Northernpixie
Rear facing car seat was created by Northernpixie
Hi everyone,
I've just joined so apologies if I don't include everything i need to!
I have an 04 plate JLX Jimny which I got last year and absolutely love. I have also just had our first baby and over the last week have tried to get out the house twice but I'm finding fitting a rear facing car seat an absolute nightmare. I can eventually get the seatbelt round the seat but it takes 10-15 attempts as it keeps locking before fully extended and only just goes around when it does.

I love my Jimny but this is a bit of a nightmare and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for ways to make this easier? Is there a way to fit latch plates (is that what the clippy things are called to use instead of the seatbelt?) or simply have a longer rear seatbelt installed? Or maybe something else I haven't thought of?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2019 15:10 - 15 Mar 2019 15:11 #204625 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Rear facing car seat
Hello Northernpixie, and a BigJimny welcome from the Cotswold Hills. B)

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I can't help with this one (My kid is a 13 yr old!) but I dare say someone will come along soon, that can

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 15 Mar 2019 15:11 by Max Headroom.

More
19 Mar 2019 07:15 #204788 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Rear facing car seat
I'm guessing that you are putting it in the back due to the air bag?

You can get seat belt extenders I think. It's just the seat belt material with the male connector on the bottom to click into the bottom and a female end to receive your seat belt.

Just Google "seat belt extender" and loads come up. The more rigid ones that stick up like this one www.ebay.co.uk/i/122571252294?chn=ps&ul_...ac1fc6267a76ffcb3a01

might be easier as you don't have to reach down and fumble where you can't see to get it. I'm not sure what it's made of though as it doesn't look too stout to put your child's life in it's hands, so just the simple webbing ones might be safer?

I've never used one but it would have made life easier when my boy was a baby.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds