BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Alternative Antenna

More
16 May 2021 20:51 #235131 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Alternative Antenna

A little old I know, my DAB antenna is in the same place, but I put the GPS antenna under the dashboard, towards the front so it gets a clear a view of the sky as possible. There has to be no metal in the dash, but mine is all plastic.

I am surprised yours is working in the roof, it will be ‘seeing’ the satellites by reflection from the car metal work.

The outside is the best location, middle of the roof pointing straight up would be best.

My other car has a small mag mount DAB antenna on the boot, the on glass one didn’t work to well and picked up too much interference from the radio display.

Robin
GPS worked perfectly stuck the to roof. Before I fitted it I checked in the SatNav setting for number of fixes and signal strength from the original antenna, then compared the one in the roof and got the same readings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds