BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Battery terminal size

More
20 Nov 2018 06:36 #197830 by X8GGY

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2018 14:09 #197847 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Battery terminal size
I agree about the forum and that is why I responded as I took that as a unfair,unnecessary comment meant to hurt and not help. I was hoping it will stop like comments being made to other members and we can get on making useful comments to help fix their problems.

More
20 Nov 2018 16:56 #197855 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Battery terminal size
I'm not sure which part of my comments you found hurtful but that certainly wasn't my intention.
On forums it's very easy for simple things to develop into big issues when the simple straightforward answers aren't forthcoming. This thread was going down a path of convoluted solutions to a simple problem, and given this forum is an open source of information I feel its important that any mis-information is addressed to save confusion in the future.

More
21 Nov 2018 07:24 #197882 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Battery terminal size
Getting back to the battery mickt, I thought you ordered the YBX5057? Why doesn't it fit?

Yuasa data says that has Japanese terminals (Yuasa call them T3). but comes with DIN adaptor shells fitted (T1) that you remove.

I didn't get the adaptors with my 3057, the sneaky factor must have removed them to sell separately, I should have twigged when there were no plastic sleeves over the terminals. (or I could have a set of adaptors in my toolbox now)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:

• mickt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2018 12:36 #197911 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Battery terminal size
façade I did post that when I got round to depacking it it indeed had the adaptors on and is the exact size of what is on the car so great news for me. Good price too £68.99 to the door. Well packed as well and with the adaptors should anybody need them they can have them.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds