BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Knocking noise coming from transfer case?

• roscoepcoltrane
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2018 15:01 - 18 Oct 2018 15:02 #196857 by roscoepcoltrane
Knocking noise coming from transfer case? was created by roscoepcoltrane
Hi there, I've got a loud knocking noise coming from my transfer case when any load is put through it. I originally thought it might have been a UJ or a duff shaft, but after swapping out the rear prop shaft with another one i had, and taking off the front driveshaft altogether it still makes the noise - There's a lot of play where the rear shaft goes into the transfer case, so my guess is the bearings have blown and the case has eaten itself to pieces? Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)
Last edit: 18 Oct 2018 15:02 by roscoepcoltrane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 Oct 2018 17:25 #196858 by Riccy
Either t-box bearings as you say, or maybe a broken mount or bracket perhaps?

possibly the gearbox rear mount has delaminated. test it by getting under and pushing the gearbox. if it goes up, the mount is broken.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
18 Oct 2018 18:55 #196860 by Busta
It sounds to me like the chain has stretched. If so, swap the whole box out. It's not worth trying to repair.

More
18 Oct 2018 21:50 #196864 by j999pre
I've updated transfer brackets for sale and a couple of second hand push button transfer boxes of you need anything

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds