BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Transfer box options

More
08 Sep 2018 10:33 #195792 by sniper
Transfer box options was created by sniper
My push button transfer box is refusing to go into 4L, it goes into 4H and as far as I can tell, all is ok.

Whilst in 4H, on pressing the 4L button with the car in neutral and the clutch depressed, I can hear the transfer box try to engage but I just get a continually flashing 4L light and a matching beep. This eventually times out and the indicators go back to 4H.

Jackonlyjack popped round and we changed the oil as I feared it had been flooded, all was clear and good. wiring looked ok.

Do I spend money getting a transmission shop to sort it or should I swap to an earlier stick shift transfer box ?

What is needed to fit ?

Your advice/suggestions would be gratefully received.......

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2018 12:04 #195795 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic Transfer box options
Hi sniper,

I think if you change to lever operated transfer box you would have to change your gearbox also. Unless there is a special part (I'm not aware of) wich mates the old transferbox with new gearbox? Others might confirm my theory.

Regards, Gabor

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

More
08 Sep 2018 12:54 #195796 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Transfer box options
Hi Sniper mate if you choose this route I have the low mileage transfer out of R&B also got a couple of intermediate props

Jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2018 16:50 #195800 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Transfer box options

sniper wrote: My push button transfer box is refusing to go into 4L, it goes into 4H and as far as I can tell, all is ok.

Whilst in 4H, on pressing the 4L button with the car in neutral and the clutch depressed, I can hear the transfer box try to engage but I just get a continually flashing 4L light and a matching beep. This eventually times out and the indicators go back to 4H.

Jackonlyjack popped round and we changed the oil as I feared it had been flooded, all was clear and good. wiring looked ok.

Do I spend money getting a transmission shop to sort it or should I swap to an earlier stick shift transfer box ?

What is needed to fit ?

Your advice/suggestions would be gratefully received.......

sniper

I believe the pushbutton box has stronger chain in it, than the stick type. And the gear ratio are different, so a stick transfer change would be best to combine with a older gearbox as well. Consider youre diff ratio too..

Most likely youre issue is either the shift motor or even more likely, a position sensor (4wd low switch). Shouldnt be to hard to troubleshoot.

Check this out:
www.trail-gear.com/PDF/304505-3-INS.pdf

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds