BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Cutting the front of the chassis

More
18 Mar 2018 12:30 #190566 by Me and my Jimny
Hi guys

Now I've done the body lift and need to adjust the front bumper I'm also looking at front recovery points.

I realise the front extensions of the chassis aren't that strong and further back would make mounting something easier if I cut a couple of inches off. I'm assuming it's only there to hold the standard bumper and I'm sure I've seen others on here with some removed. Just wanted to check if it's OK to do and doesn't affect mot or anything ?

Can anyone confirm or offer any advice ?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Mar 2018 13:02 #190569 by Lambert
Technically that constitutes an alteration to the chassis meaning that it should be submitted for a full iva sva or whatever they are called this week. If you are just redesigning the brackets to still hold the original bumper on you might and it's only a might get away with it but it would then be entirely on you if you get caught out in some way. You would be obliged to inform the insurance too and they're going to be adamant that it is correct and to a suitable level of inspection. We had this a while ago and if all you are doing is remaking a bracket even if it's not perfectly like for like that's reasonable, making an entirely new and different bracket to mount a none standards accessory, not so much.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Mar 2018 13:23 #190570 by Me and my Jimny
Thanks, I was kind of expecting something along those lines, I'll try and work round it

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds