BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

NEW Intermediate Prop - Rocklobster

• X88RED
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2018 09:49 - 08 Mar 2018 10:06 #190114 by X88RED
NEW Intermediate Prop - Rocklobster was created by X88RED
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a new intermediate prop? - to work with my standard 2004 hard top Jimny gearbox and Rocklobster transfer box. A lot of people can not produce one due to the spline end that goes into the gearbox. Ideally I would like a new one rather than a refurbed one as other than the intermediate prop I am running all new props (from Jimny Bits).

Thanks!
Redmond
Last edit: 08 Mar 2018 10:06 by X88RED.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
08 Mar 2018 17:39 #190132 by Riccy
You tried Redacted /Richard Redacted yet?

I would be interested to know where to get a new one as well :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• X88RED
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2018 22:23 #190156 by X88RED
Replied by X88RED on topic NEW Intermediate Prop - Rocklobster
Yep, tried Redacted and he only does refurbed ones :(

More
14 Mar 2018 13:07 #190401 by yakuza
As I understand this is based on a SJ413/samurai drive shaft? I have dismantled 6 or 7 SJ's most from 1985 to 87 and none of them had any wear or slack in the joints on the drive shaft connecting the gearbox to the transfer box. The torque transmitted here is lower than the torque on the output shafts due to the rpm being higher. But the size is the same on input and output shafts so they doesn't get too much load i guess. the working angle is also less than on the output shafts.
I wouldn't worry much about using these, even used and not refurbished ones, if the joints feel good.

Actually cannot remember ever selling any of them used either so guess they do not fail.
Drive shafts between transfer box and rear/front axles are all sold and gone.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Mar 2018 13:38 #190402 by Riccy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
14 Jul 2018 21:16 #194287 by ahtr
I'm a few months late here, but euro car parts sell new props. The list price now isn't cheap. I got one for under £100, must have got lucky with a discount code and/or pricing error. They aren't stocked and it came straight from the supplier about 10 days after ordering.

I had a rough 413 prop and was going to get Jimny prop shortened as a spare but the ecp prop was cheap enough for me to take a chance on it.

Part number 662810050.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds