BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Radio wiring problem

More
06 May 2017 07:31 #180955 by passy
Radio wiring problem was created by passy
Hi, I am trying to replace my old stereo in my 52 plate Jimny. Got the unit out ok but one of the wires, the black one with red rings on it fell out of the block connector and I dont know which slot to put it back into. Can any one help ? I then have the replacement stereo to fit. are all the wires in the plastic blocks common or will they need re-positioning ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2017 08:15 #180957 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Radio wiring problem
if your getting an aftermarket radio then you will need a connector from Halfdrauds or somewhere, when you go to connect it you should be able to see where that wire has to go to line up with the one in the new connector block

More
06 May 2017 09:30 #180960 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Radio wiring problem
like Daniel says or you could use a magnifying glass
and look for scrape marks on the connector where the crimp as been inserted ;)

Jack

More
06 May 2017 13:47 #180965 by passy
Replied by passy on topic Radio wiring problem
Ok got that sussed it was the earth wire. Radio is now working. Next problem is that it does not switch on and off with the ignition, would that be as simple as switching the continuous live with the switched live ( I think its yellow and red ? )

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 May 2017 14:14 #180966 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:RE: Radio wiring problem

passy wrote: Ok got that sussed it was the earth wire. Radio is now working. Next problem is that it does not switch on and off with the ignition, would that be as simple as switching the continuous live with the switched live ( I think its yellow and red ? )

Most likely. Some cars swap the 2.

• Mockeyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2019 18:28 #204411 by Mockeyson
Replied by Mockeyson on topic Radio wiring problem
Jimny auto 2007. The radio stopped working about a month ago. Occasionally starts again on a run after 15 minutes. Now the lights are on, the stations can be selected and it can be tuned to new stations, but no sound comes out. Anyone any idea what to look for?
I've bought another second hand Jimny unit from eBay, installed it, but that is the same, lights on but no sound!
Is it something to do with the security code? I have re entered that on the original radio. Still nothing!

• Mockeyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2019 18:39 #204414 by Mockeyson
Ref my posting ten minutes ago...
After searching the forum yesterday with my problem of no radio sound I searched again after my post and found "Radio No Sound " topic with helpful hint - it may be the speaker connection corrosion. I'm off to look at that tomorrow am when it's daylight!

More
10 Mar 2019 19:47 #204420 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Radio wiring problem
Not wishing to be a scare monger but our 2005 Jimny had a couple of radios in it with the same issue until we switched to an aftermarket radio

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mockeyson

• florinelu07
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2019 08:47 #204487 by florinelu07
Replied by florinelu07 on topic Radio wiring problem
Best option is to replace with and aftermarket model - cable adapters and fascia (dash trim) replacement has to be considered (or at least a cheap ebay adapter.).

• Mockeyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2019 16:37 #204630 by Mockeyson
Replied by Mockeyson on topic Re:Radio wiring problem
Looks like speaker corrosion.... and both are open circuit so have blown! Any replacements suitable? I'll ebay standard ones now.

• Mockeyson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2019 14:54 #204652 by Mockeyson
Picture shows corroded connection on drivers side. Passenger side is fine. 2x Sony speakers ordered from eBay.
Attachments:

• Don76
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 21:15 #204712 by Don76
Replied by Don76 on topic Radio wiring problem
I have no sound at all out of my rear speakers. Perhaps this is the issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds