BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front Seat Removal Replacement

More
23 Jun 2015 14:08 - 23 Jun 2015 14:09 #146466 by jjabbot
Hi, new member here! Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on the ease of changing front seats in an 02 Jimny. I've just bought it, and it's got cloth seats, the driver's is worn and I've found some half-leather ones to replace both (from an 04 Jimny).

Two questions, is it easy - can't seem to find any online instructions (any tips/instructions welcome!), and also, is this a notifiable modification to my insurers?

thanks
John
Last edit: 23 Jun 2015 14:09 by jjabbot. Reason: add info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the_goshawker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2015 15:32 #146468 by the_goshawker
Replied by the_goshawker on topic Front Seat Removal Replacement
Welcome to the forum ;) , It should be a straight swap mate very easy to do so much even i could do it :ohmy: as im mostly usless :) :)

More
23 Jun 2015 16:11 #146474 by minibbb
Super easy- just need a socket set to undo the four bolts on each seat. They're underneath flimsy plastic covers that pull away :)

Do the new seats come with the frame or you swapping he cushions on to your frames?

More
23 Jun 2015 16:19 #146475 by jjabbot
Thanks for your quick replies, yes, found the bolts, got the seats (my other half's picked them up so they are winging their way back to me now). Come with the frames I hope, so a simple bolt out bolt in job!

I wonder about the insurance aspect?!

More
23 Jun 2015 17:47 #146481 by helijohn

jjabbot wrote: I wonder about the insurance aspect?!

I tend to go by the question as to whether or not they are original manufacturers equipment. Especially if it has Suzuki stamped on it.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
23 Jun 2015 20:52 #146493 by minibbb
Great they come complete- easy to swap the cushions but even easier to swap the whole thing out. If hang on to the old frames in case you ever want to go the recaro route (you need to take the recaros cushions off to fit the jimny frames)

I told my insurer I'd swapped out my standard seats for ignis recaros and they didn't change the premium.

I don't think I would have mentioned the change from cloth to half leather on an old car- it's not as if a car thief would choose your car to pinch over one with cloth seats :)
Don't take that as advice as such- just my opinion.

Be sure to post some pics of the new seats fitted :)

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds