BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

belt or chain

More
13 Apr 2009 14:25 #567 by law
belt or chain was created by law
2001 jimny twin cam is it belt or chain please ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2009 14:49 #568 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:belt or chain
On another forum I posted some engine pictures for you, if yours is the same as mine then it is an M13A engine and has a timing chain. The chain does not have a service schedule

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 Apr 2009 15:40 #569 by law
Replied by law on topic Re:belt or chain
yes thank you martin mine is exactly the same but you didn,t answer weather it was belt or chain which is y i asked the question here.

initially i thought the noise was the tentioner pully on the power steering but i removed that belt earlier still have the same grating noise !

il have to find an allen key 2 fit the lower alt bolt to allow it 2 move so i can check if its on that system next otherwise

any suggestions ???

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds