BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clicky feeling through clutch pedal

More
20 Jan 2015 07:50 #135539 by Elaine
Took my 2001 Jimny for a new LUK clutch a couple of weeks back. It didn't feel right on the way back from the garage, so hubby had a look. He said it looked like the release bearing wasn't attached to the clutch arm. This would explain the clicking feeling through the pedal.
It went back to the garage last Friday, and had another new LUK clutch fitted. The car seemed ok on Sunday when I drove it, but on the way home from work on Monday the clicking feeling through the pedal started again...

Any ideas of what it could be?

We took it to the garage to save the time & hassle of changing the clutch ourselves, but now we're beginning to regret it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
E. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2015 11:39 #135545 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Clicky feeling through clutch pedal
Again I would suspect the clutch bearing/arm. A full clutch change would normally consist of the friction and pressure plates along with a new release bearing. If they replaced all three both times then perhaps the arm that holds the bearing has some damage, i.e. crack that is not obvious unless a thorough inspection is done on it i.e. magnifying glass. Back to the garage I recommend until they fix it proper.

More
01 Feb 2015 10:22 #136607 by Elaine
Well, it's been in three times now, and the clicky clunk is still there. They replaced the clutch again on the second visit, and adjusted the cable on the third visit.
How firmly should the thrust bearing be attached to the arm please? There's movement in the clutch arm, followed by movement of the thrust bearing, but that isn't immediate. Is this normal?

It's going in again this week, so hopefully it will be sorted for once & all. It's a good job we've got 4 vehicles and not just one each (been using the 110 to get to work). Otherwise, I'd have been losing time off work. :(

More
01 Feb 2015 10:52 #136609 by jackonlyjack

More
01 Feb 2015 11:50 #136611 by Elaine
Sorry, forgot to say that we've checked the cable. That looks clean & runs smooth. And the pedal box is all good too.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds