BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Convert push button to stick shift transfer box

• Old Blind Dog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2014 07:18 #120719 by Old Blind Dog
Replied by Old Blind Dog on topic Convert push button to stick shift transfer box
To fit sammy tcase in 2005-2011 Jimny with manual transmission, you'd better get diffs off 2011 Jimny with MT (left hand drive) or 2002+ Jimny Wide with MT (right hand drive JDM). Both use 3.4 ratio. Works great with 4.16 and 31".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 16:48 #155909 by Bosanek
Just to confirm - it IS NOT possible to put a lever in an electric transfer box then? Or is it?

Sorry for reviving an old topic but I got a bit fed up with those flimsy 4WD buttons and I'm looking to get rid of them. It's supposed to be an offroader, not a playstation.

I will never understand why Suzuki changed it from lever to the buttons in the Jimny.
If it was for the sake of modernity and convenience, well, Jimny might be modern compared to the Samurai, bot globally, it ain't modern a lot. Toyota Land Cruiser Prados of the late 2000s still had the lever, just to mention one example. And Prados are certainly modern.

More
10 Nov 2015 16:53 #155911 by j999pre
I just finished this conversion a few weeks back for a pal.

I used a non vvt gearbox and a rocklobster transfer box to run his 31" tyres

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
11 Nov 2015 12:18 #155972 by Bosanek
Your conversion involved changing the entire gearbox and the transfer box.

I am interested if the existing electric transfer box can be adapted to accept the classic lever like in pre-VVT Jimnys.

More
11 Nov 2015 17:58 #156002 by j999pre
Maybe you could put push button transfer gears inside a manual transfer box? That would keep your ratios correct? Not something I know that is possible though but someone may.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
11 Nov 2015 22:04 - 11 Nov 2015 22:06 #156046 by Rhinoman
I don't see why it couldn't be converted to a lever, the electric shift is a motor that just moves a shaft in and out, it would take some fabrication though. I don't have any issues with the buttons.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2015 22:06 by Rhinoman.

More
06 Sep 2021 15:31 #238286 by Ogalex
Hello,

Sorry to revive this old topic. I desperately need to convert the transfer case push buttons to manual of my 2005 Jimny. Anyone could help?
Cheers.

More
06 Sep 2021 16:12 #238291 by jackonlyjack
Are you still using vacuum hubs ? or manual locking hubs  
Under the carpet near hand break there is a plate that has four screws 

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds