BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Cab misting up!

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Nov 2013 19:23 #92995 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re:Cab misting up!

UKDAN wrote: If you don't want to spend any money crack an egg into the rad. Not a permanent fix but will work

Dan

:laugh: i was going to post this up but thought every one would think i was joking iv done this and it did work just a mess when it leaks again and have repair it corectly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brianjb61
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2013 22:13 #93693 by brianjb61
Replied by brianjb61 on topic Cab misting up!
Just a quick update, stuck in a can of K seal and where ever the leak was it seems to have stopped it.

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2013 22:37 #93702 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Cab misting up!
If you want to help to dry it out or keep it dry in the future, have a look on amazon for the little dehumidifier bags. I stuck a 500g one in mine as my windscreen was taking ages to clear in the mornings, works a treat especially if your car sits for a while at a time.

• Caz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2013 20:16 #93889 by Caz
Replied by Caz on topic Cab misting up!
This exact thing happend to me . . :(

I had a new Heater Matrix fitted yesterday to my Jimny (Which my mechanic was over the moon with NOT lol) . . . i tried K seal but it never worked.

• brianjb61
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2013 20:20 #93892 by brianjb61
Replied by brianjb61 on topic Cab misting up!
Luckily I have escaped lightly for the time being although the car still stinks inside!

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2013 20:25 #93894 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Cab misting up!
Before adding a sealant of any type you are well advised to clean out the radiator first with a radiator cleaning product, then flush it all out, then adding the stop-leak. It seems to make it a better job.

• Caz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2013 20:26 #93895 by Caz
Replied by Caz on topic Cab misting up!

brianjb61 wrote: Luckily I have escaped lightly for the time being although the car still stinks inside!

I could no longer cope with the smell :sick: My Jim is now full of airvent air freshners lol think we are just about there now nearly smells fresh as a daisy :P

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds