BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Steering Knuckle and front axle Part No's

More
25 Mar 2009 08:26 #492 by kirkynut
Here are the Part Numbers for the seals both for the axle tube and the steering knuckle from when I re-built my steering knuckles in December 2008. These parts are for my 2000 manual non ABS Jimny but I think they will be the same for all vehicles.

The prices are what I paid on 04/12/2008 less VAT and you need 2 of each - 1 per side of the vehicle.

You also need some sealant for between some components where there is the lack of a gasket in order to keep water out and maintain an airtight seal needed if you are still runing the automatic vacuum operated freewheeling hubs. I use Hylomar Blue sealant.

Your CV joints and bearing will also need cleaning and re-geasing or just plain greasing if you are replacing them and CV grease is therefore also necessary. There are parts that must not be over greased for the vacuum operated free wheeling hubs to work, so don't go mad with the grease if you still have them.

45120-81A02 - seal - £21.82
43446-82CB0 - Seal Fr Wheel Spindle - £5.65
09283-26016 - £4.07
09283-54001 - £9.80

Hope this helps, especially for those who's Suzuki parts desk are not as helpful as mine!!! It's just a shame that my local Suzuki Parts desk may soon have a block of flats on it!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds