BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

LSPV Problems

• ps47944
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2013 14:43 #67335 by ps47944
LSPV Problems was created by ps47944
I have recently replaced the brakes pipes going to back brakes from the front and fitted a new LSPV but I can't get any brake fluid past the LSPV valve to the rear brakes. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2013 15:46 #67338 by facade
Replied by facade on topic LSPV Problems
Are the 3 pipes the right way round?

Apart from bleeding the air out of the nipple on the valve, there isn't anything special about bleeding it, make sure the arm is connected and it should pass fluid when the car is level.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:

• ps47944
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2013 16:25 #67341 by ps47944
Replied by ps47944 on topic LSPV Problems
I marked them before I removed them and I just changed them round but still no luck. I thought the original LSPV was faulty but even with the new one fitted I still can't get anything through the valve1

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2013 17:21 #67347 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic LSPV Problems
Are you trying to blead it jacked up or on the ground try bleading it on the ground blead the valve first then on the off side crack the pipe off pedel down do it up then pedal up and so on till the fluid comes out then move the the nearside nipple and blead from there also use a clear bottle with the pipe in the fluid and a clear pipe so you can see the air coming out and also if its drawing air/fluid back up the pipe

• Allen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2013 17:58 #67349 by Allen
Replied by Allen on topic LSPV Problems
Bleed it with the engine running to, that will make a bit of difference

More
04 Apr 2021 22:30 - 04 Apr 2021 22:47 #234245 by Mr CC
Replied by Mr CC on topic LSPV Problems
I know its an old topic but having this problem now, haven't tried the solutions but this vid could explain a lot.
  dont know if it will solve mine or anybody elses problems with bleeding, but worth a shot. 
Last edit: 04 Apr 2021 22:47 by Mr CC.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds