BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny rear es3000 advice and rubber boots

More
02 Mar 2009 20:49 #459 by jamesey
my old jimny had pro comp es1000s on and the drivers side rear rubbed on the bottom spring mount and nearly rubbed through , can i mount the es3000 upside down like someone suggested to me when i had the red jimny , and shall i put the rubber boots on or leave them off as they collect loads of dirt and damage the shock?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2009 18:57 #466 by jamesey
do you know what i mean???:ohmy:

More
09 Mar 2009 22:14 #470 by kirkynut
I've not been online for about a week so apologies for the late response. Work has had the better of me!!!

I don't know if there is a physical difference to the mounting of the ES1000's and the ES3000's but looking at www.explorerprocomp.com/PDFs/07cat/7-11.pdf they appear the same. That could be just that the photos are for illustration purposes only and not necessarily a true representation of what they look like.

If they are the same you could mount them in the same way. Mine are Pro Comps of some description and are mounted in the standard positions. I'll get under it tomorrow and see what they have written on them.

With respect to the boots, forget them, they just collect crap as you say. Just wash the vehicle off well after off roading, as you should do anyway or it'll rot in no time.

Hope this helps to an extent.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds