BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

my bits: solved problem with pedal block

• Knifeman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Aug 2010 05:34 #4422 by Knifeman
Hi, thanks guys for all the good replies i got in the last week... let me add this info as a return...

few years ago I had a problem with the Jimny where shifting gears became more difficult every week... I checked the clutch springs etc and adjusting the cable worked but the problem came back after a few days over and over... after a while I used all the buffer of the cable adjustment...

I brought the car to the garage where they replaced the clutch cable, springs etc as they thought the problem was caused by a stretched cable or bad spring...

It was good for a week and the problem came back... at a point cleaning the interior of my car I actually discoverd what was wrong... look at this pic

the corner of the pedal block holding back the clutch cable was just slowly ripping off!

looking at the construction this looks really like a weak point and an engineering flaw to me... i reported this to suzuki and I have no idea of they did something with the info (maybe somebody with a recent jimny can check the construction)

anyway I fortified mine like this:

the end result was spraypainted but i didin't make a pic of that ...

anyway, I drive around with this for 2-3 years now and it holds perfect... my advise: check yours !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2021 18:05 - 17 Sep 2021 18:06 #238729 by MGADIR
the same problem, the same symptoms, but i know what the problem only when it's broken 

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Sep 2021 18:06 by MGADIR.

More
17 Sep 2021 18:06 #238730 by MGADIR
there is a new in suzuki ???

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds