BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

E10 and Copperslip

More
18 Jul 2010 16:19 #3866 by auchenblae
Just changed the nearside king pins on our 07 and the job went well, the ABS sensor came out with no problem and the 10mm bolt was not rusted. Same with the rear seal 10mm bots I have had then stuck before on our original Jimny. No problem getting the bearing rings out.

Any reason not to copperslip the E10 bolts.

The E10 socket I got was 3/8th drive and the shoulder for the square drive nearly stopped the narrower front of the socket getting on.

I assume a 1/4 drive socket woul be better in this instance.

eddie

How many poeple actually use a torque wrench when doing this job, be honest.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Knight.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jul 2010 08:19 #3922 by Knight.
Replied by Knight. on topic Re:E10 and Copperslip
auchenblae wrote:

How many poeple actually use a torque wrench when doing this job, be honest.

All the time as i have had some bad experiences of guessing with my hands you would be surprised at how easy it is to over tighten when it still feels lose by hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds