BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

rear bushes - poly or oem ?

More
14 Mar 2010 14:40 #2693 by jonplace
the rear axle bushes are knackered and i'm wondering whether its worth going down the poly bush route or just stick with standard suzuki oem ones ? any thoughts / opinions ?
cheers :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• richard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2010 15:54 #2695 by richard
Replied by richard on topic Re:rear bushes - poly or oem ?
not realy got a clue but i'v put poly on front dampers and as i put on the top nut they just squashed flat as it got trite,

More
14 Mar 2010 17:43 #2697 by mlines
The general opinion is that the Suzuki ones give a softer ride and more articulation as the Poly ones tend to be solid whilst the Suzuki ones have slots cut in them that have to be positioned correctly in accordance with the workshop manual

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
14 Mar 2010 18:16 #2701 by Baz2236
I got super pro bushes on mine front n rear and it is a stiffer ride articulation is alright maybe lost a little but not much.

More
15 Mar 2010 11:04 #2704 by jonplace
well i've had mixed responses about the poly ones, most people suggesting they're too firm and limit travel.
In the end i bought a set of suzuki ones from rhino ray at £15 each. i thought it was a bit steep till i rang the local dealer who want £23 each !!!! :ohmy: yikes

cheers all for feedback :)

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds