BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re: Tow bar wiring help please

More
24 Mar 2022 21:58 #242488 by Scimike
I did what Dr Robin did. The cables for the bumper lights pass through a hole on the left side viewed from the rear, I followed this route and then cable ties hold the cable on the tow bar. You do need to removed the interior side plastic to get at the route, but all light cables are present.

It's true, the Jimny is a terrible choice for a caravan tow vehicle, but it can do it so long as you're in no rush!

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Mar 2022 04:25 #242490 by Lambert
I also went down the passenger side under the bumper as the others have done.

As for towing I regularly tow at full 1300kg capacity both single axle and twin axle as I have livestock to move and a moving load is way worse than a caravan that's properly loaded and balanced. Yes it's slow on hills but my Jimny is no less stable or incapable at it's full capacity than my land cruiser is at it's full capacity. Just drive accordingly.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Mar 2022 12:22 #242498 by Buzz
Replied by Buzz on topic Re: Tow bar wiring help please
Ok thanks for the replies.
The instructions definitely said to go through the hole above the silencer (and the grommet fitted) although coming down the passenger side would have been a better design.
I’ll have another look at the weekend.
It’s the OEM wiring loom and apart from the routing I’m very pleased - it’s all plug and play with no cutting of the car wiring and power pickup from the rear loom . Definitely would recommend.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds