BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Caliper slider boots

More
26 Jan 2010 18:57 #2045 by mlines
Caliper slider boots was created by mlines
Ok, so for years I have happily worked on disk brakes without an issue. I have worked on the Jimny brakes two or three times a year without issue. Until now.

As normal I popped the caliper slider boots off to grease and clean the sliders. This was whilst doing the Front Wheel Bearing, which had taken less than an hour to remove and replace, cleaing the brakes was a little job to finish up.

6 Hours later I still cannot get the little rubber boots to fit back into the caliper slider holes. Two are now back in and two are refusing. Every time you put them in they crease and do not seal.

Whats the trick....please someone tell me, 6 hours on one little item is soul destroying.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2010 16:51 #2057 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:Caliper slider boots
id like to know this to, i done the same last month, still not got the seals on properly

More
27 Jan 2010 17:45 #2058 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Caliper slider boots
Well I now understand the problem better..see HERE

and its not been cheap!

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
27 Jan 2010 18:36 #2059 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:Caliper slider boots
dam, il have another go at the weekend before i pay that for bits of rubber

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds