BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

wat do i need

More
22 Sep 2008 13:01 #181 by zippy4x4
wat do i need was created by zippy4x4
hi boys at the mo i am running a sammy but i think its time to mod my misses jimny.want to run 33" tyres so just after some info on wat i need to do.lift it i know but dy how much and wat about the gearing.
thanks from any hellp
tony (zippy)
www.badass4x4.moonfruit.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2008 18:20 #183 by bazwidajimny
Replied by bazwidajimny on topic Re:wat do i need
a very big lift very low gearing cut most ov your arch off oh and lots ov cash :laugh:

More
22 Sep 2008 19:16 #184 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:wat do i need
The first thing you need is a very understanding wife! 33inches on a Jimny is a major mod. The lifts are straight-forward - 3" Spring lift and 2" body lift. But I assume being your wifes car she will want to drive it on the road so you will then need:

Castor correction- otherwise it will be all over the road

Major re-gearing - 33" tyres are Suzuki SJ Rocklobster conversion territory -replacing the Jimny T-box is a major financial investment of around £1000 if you buy the SJ Transfer box as well.

Cut-away wheel arches and spacers to get the steering circle back

A collection of spare driveshafts, Jimny driveshafts do not have a good reputation and 33" inches will test them to the limit.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Sep 2008 08:18 #187 by zippy4x4
Replied by zippy4x4 on topic Re:wat do i need
thanks boys this wat i have done to my sammy.which i will be selling to do the jinmy not keen on a body lift.its the gearing i want to get write.in my sammy with the 33" running a 1600 motor it will pull 5th at 4k ive changed the diff``s ratio``s.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds