BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Need info on Jimny's (compared to Landy's) - help?

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
05 Jan 2010 19:00 #1808 by funkyjimny
I have KAP twister radius arms on my car, it came with them and they'll be the forst thing i throw away, too much play in the thread, bushes too hard, and now ive welded up the thread to remove the play theres no less articulation. also theres no Castor Correction in these arms i have, theyre dire. Previous cars have had DG tuning radius arms and have been excellent, drives like a std car except for the lean caused by the removal of the anti roll bar.
Kirkynut - do you play in mud with your car? I struggled with the std gearing when on 205/70/15's, now I'm on 205/16 Diamonds and theres no way i could run a std transfer case. My 6:1 is a little OTT and I'm wondering wether to go up to 235/85/16's which my car came with, but its serious body mods cutting and welding the inner arches under the headlights and in the footwell - I reshelled mine from a challenge pickup so not keen on chopping up a decent shell again!

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
05 Jan 2010 19:03 #1809 by funkyjimny
Martin, i have a TD5 Discovery with traction control/hill descent/ blah blah and struggled to get up my drive in the snowy conditions tonight, heavyweight junk, its great for towing my caravan but as for off road prowess? none, took it off road once, never ever again.

Gary

More
05 Jan 2010 19:08 #1810 by mlines
Normally the RRS copes really well, as you say it has all the bells and whistles, but when it is so slippery that a stationary vehicle starts to slide sideways as a dead weight there is little any electronics can do.

I have taken it off-road a couple of times and it is only currently limited by the high speed motorway cruising tyres (which are getting a bit bald anyway!). I take heart from the fact the Jimny could pull it up hill sideways on the ice as a dead weight as an indication that I could not have done anything about it.

I hope its only a T-Cut polishable wound :(

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds