BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Manual Hubs

• ryansjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2010 18:44 #1752 by ryansjimny
Manual Hubs was created by ryansjimny
Hello all, this is my first post on here and i'll get round to adding pictures of my Jimny soon. cage, winch bumper,3" KAP lift,2" body lift and a few homemade touches!

What im wondering is if anybody has any suggestions what I should do with the remaining hoses and vacume system after adding manual hubs? I've just ordered the adapter rings on here and want to make sure its all a proper job when I fit them!
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2010 06:13 #1755 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Manual Hubs
Ryan,

I left everything in place on mine. The SJ hubs seal down ok to the Jimny hubs so the vacuum system still works and lights the dashboard lights ok.

I know others have removed the pipework and sealed the ends using an appropriately sized nail and some sealant

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• ryansjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2010 07:29 #1756 by ryansjimny
Replied by ryansjimny on topic Re:Manual Hubs
Thanks for that Martin, I look forward to having full trust in my 4wheel drive system again ;)

More
02 Jan 2010 12:57 #1759 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Manual Hubs
I've left my pipes in place, I wonder how water tight they will be, so might pullt hem off and put them back with sealant on the tubes to make sure.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds