BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

3 " lift. Need a suggestion.

• cz_ice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2010 08:08 #1747 by cz_ice
3 " lift. Need a suggestion. was created by cz_ice
Hello guys.

Happy New Year. I apologize for my poor English again.

I have just ordered the GIZ INternational 3 inch lift,

www.giz.com.tw/english/product_detail.php?pid=1&ppid=1&Id=15

But im not sure which tyre size should i get. Our club members suggest i should go for 30/10(9.5)/15 MT. However i don't go off road very often.(may be once a moth)
IS it ok if i fit 30 tyres to the stock Jimny with 3 inch lift? Does it require other updates like stransfer box replacement?

Or should i just get 215 or 235 AT for everyday use?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2010 10:15 #1748 by ooky_123
if you are only going off road once a month, and will be driving the car every day, 30" tyres are too big as you will never get to use 5th gear on standard gearing.
We run 29" Mud Tyres with a 2" lift and have enough clearance (215rx15's)
I would say get AT's as these will get you 90% of the places Mud Tyres will but are quieter and will not affect greatly the handling of the vehicle (large knobbly Mud Tyres can Flex on the tread blocks and give the effect of driving on Ice!)

The suspension lift will give you some clearance, but you will still encounter issues with large tyres hitting the bodywork unless you trim the wheel arches, or lift the body too.

We plan on going to 235 AT's for the summer

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds