BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wheel Spacers

More
02 Sep 2008 20:18 #155 by kevant
Wheel Spacers was created by kevant
I keep seeing wheel spaces advertised on Ebay for very little money are they worth getting and what is the advantage if anything, i suppose what i am trying to say is are they a waste of money or not.
kevant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2008 07:39 - 04 Sep 2008 07:42 #158 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Wheel Spacers
Kevant,

I have wheel spacers on mine, this is because as you go up (suspension lift) you should go out (wider) to maintain stability.

However there are a couple of downsides:

1). Wheel bearings - Jimnys already eat wheel bearings and adding spacers makes things worse.

2). Beware of cheap spacers. The extra strain on the wheel studs and stubs on the spacers means you should go for the very best you can otherwise your car and wheel will part company at the most inconvenient of times - here's Daves ( and I would reckong Dave did not go for cheap spacers either!)

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 04 Sep 2008 07:42 by mlines.

More
04 Sep 2008 19:21 #160 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:Wheel Spacers
Hmmmm food for thought i think, certainly dont want to end up with a 3 wheeler so have you any suggestions of which wheel spacers are the best quality then Martin?

More
04 Sep 2008 19:31 #161 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Wheel Spacers
Sorry but I can't really suggest a good brand, I was just warning to watch out for the quality of them and once they are fitted keep an eye on the studs. I have to dismantle the brakes nearly every time I off-road to clean them so I can take an opportunity to look at the studs.

If you keep a close watch on them cheaper one could be fine.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds