BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dashboard and clocks

More
12 Oct 2009 14:37 #1361 by H and H
Dashboard and clocks was created by H and H
Hi,everyone! Another newbie looking for help. My Jimny's speedo and milometer have just packed in. The other guages & rev counter work OK. I had the same problem in 2004 but then it was fixed under warranty. I've just priced up a new one at £350 plus VAT plus labour so I am looking for a second hand one! I've read the post about jiggling the wires under the dash but there are no loose connections and all the fuses look OK. So can anyone tell me how to get the clocks out? The black plastic surround looks like it should pull off once the two screws above the steering wheel in the shroud are taken out but it is stuck fast and I don't want to break anything using brute force. The car is a 2002 soft top automatic.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
12 Oct 2009 20:01 #1364 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:Dashboard and clocks
Yep, remove the two screws and pull and the black surround will come off. Then theres some obvious screws to remove the clocks. I think you have to switch your hazards on to get the clocks out and the cables are tight in the back. I may have a spare set going in the next few days if you wanted, not sure if the mileage is recorded in the clocks or the ECU though as the clocks are from a car with 110,000 miles on.
If your interested in the clocks theyre from a 1999 jimny and I'd like about £35 for them.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gary

More
13 Oct 2009 06:36 #1366 by H and H
Replied by H and H on topic Re:Dashboard and clocks
Thanks Gary,

I've got the clocks out it looks like the speedo records the mileage.
I'll take you up on your offer as the mileage on the clock doesn't bother me as I am not getting rid of the car anytime soon. I'll e-mail you, cheers

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds