BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Warped drum???

More
28 Sep 2009 22:32 #1326 by mcjimny
Warped drum??? was created by mcjimny
As title really. I've done the o/s rear wheel bearing and new shoes. However when its all put back together the drum is fouling the backing plate. Its obviously heating up the drum when you drive it. I've check and double checked everything is in place. When you put the drum up to the hub it can "rock" as if its not level. When i stand it on a level surface its the same. Once the wheel is on its fouling.

Any ideas??

Its the only problem left to sort out on the job now.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2009 06:29 #1327 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Warped drum???
Well it does sound like a warped drum if it is the same when you stand it on a level surface....however I had a similar problem a while back where the drum rubbed on the back plate. It turned out to be a slightly bent halfshaft!

www.bigjimny.com/index.php?view=article&...om_content&Itemid=37

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds