BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Handbrake!!!

More
13 Aug 2009 14:57 #1125 by kirkynut
Handbrake!!! was created by kirkynut
What is the score with the adjustment of handbrake cables. I have just changed the rear brake shoes, having had a side that was not pulling up as tight on the handbrake as the other. The weaker side had shoes more worn than the stronger side, so I hoped that the new shoes would make them even on the handbrake again.

It didn't! I've had a look at the handbrake cable(s) and see that there is a short one off the lever whch goes to 2 on a yoke. These appear to have an amount of adjustment on a thread where each of them meets the yoke.

Is it normal to have to adjust them at the yoke like this?

I think the side that is stronger is adjusted slightly tighter than the other so that might explain why it is stronger but it could also be a stretched cable on that weaker side, so I have bought a new cable, in case it has started to fray and will keep it in the boot in case it snaps. I'll adjust it up in the mean time.

Martin, what are your experiences with Jimny handbrake cables?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds