BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Viscous fan assembly.

More
29 Jul 2009 22:29 - 29 Jul 2009 22:30 #1075 by BorisSpencer
After using the fan to stir some fairly gloopy mud a while ago, I found that the fan no longer stiffened up when the engine got hot. So I drilled a couple of holes through the assembly and put some bolts through, this got me plenty of air flow during the recent heatwave but now something inside has obviously broken up and it's back to simply idling around.

So to my question, is there a simple electic replacement I can bolt in. None of my local motor factors could source me a viscous so I'm assuming it's a dealer only part. I could bodge the current unit again to make it permanently connected, but I don't want it over cooling once we get into the winter.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2009 22:30 by BorisSpencer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2009 16:01 #1079 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Viscous fan assembly.
Hi there,

I don't know of a cheap fan that fits directly, only of the expensive option of Kenlowe etc.

For a replacement of the viscous though, you could get one from CAM Suzuki's ebay shop relatively cheaply.

Otherwise it's a case of popping to a breaker's to see what you can make fit!

Perhaps have a chat with Darren at KAP or RhinoRay for suggestions.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
01 Aug 2009 16:25 #1080 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Viscous fan assembly.
I just jammed my fan up. I don't think over cooling is much of a problem in a Jimny, even in winter, I appear to need all the cooling I can get!
Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds