× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Our new Jimny nearly ready - excited

More
11 Sep 2024 23:08 #257509 by Chicken
In Aus so can still get the passenger 3door Jimny, its not even going to be mine, for the missus but when we go out together I usually drive, guessing might be a bit more of a fight for the steering wheel now though :D

we ordered a few extras which has been what we were waiting for,
should come with ironman snorkel, GVM upgrade, bullbar with spotties
215/75r15 Kumho AT52 tyres (seemed like a nice balance between off road and on road abilities, not quite as cool looking as the BFGs but better onroad)
and the Suzuki rubber matts and cargo matt.
picked up a few accessories some carseat covers, the covers for the rear window element wires and the little 12v unit that gives you a couple of usbs a couple of 12v and sticks under where the built in 12v is.
already booked a trip down south to see some friends so will be giving it a 600km drive and doing a bit of camping on easy offroad tracks near brisbane.

Then probably going to take to 5rocks which is a super soft sand track onto the beach, thats probably the main sort of offroading it will do, camping trips and beach driving, haven't been to 5rocks for probably 10 years so looking forward to testing it out on the sand.

Had to tell someone :D
will post pics once taken ownership
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Motacilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2024 06:24 #257510 by Motacilla
Oz is the source of one of my favorite practical accessories for the Jimny, the fire extinguisher bracket from Kap Industries. it bolts to the seat rails and is shaped to sit closely against the floor pan. Makes use of otherwise wasted space and, most importantly, keeps the fire extinguisher within arm's reach of the driver. Worth a look, especially if you plan on doing a lot of camping in the Jimny.

Welcome to the club! Looking forward to the photos!

More
12 Sep 2024 07:30 #257512 by lightning
Sounds great, we love our 2020 Jimny, done over 20,000 miles in it.

The vehicle is awesome off road, l would take it in preference to my 2022 Defender.

lt's sad that you can't buy the Jimny in the U.K. any more, there was a two seat version but that's discontinued as well now.

Plenty of second hand ones but prices are high, around 25% over the list price for a 2020.

More
12 Sep 2024 07:44 #257513 by DrRobin
You will love it. The rear rubber mat is a must, the back of the Jimny with the seats down is like a skating rink. I also bought some quilted seat backs for the boot, they make it slightly less slippy but look really good.

I also bought a rear cover, it attaches to eye bolts screwed in the sides, see some photos in my blog (link in my signature).

Enjoy

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
12 Sep 2024 08:28 #257514 by Chicken
Yeah I actually read through your signature blog, and watched the videos, that day out looked like fun driving through al countryside.

Ours will be the blue also, looking forward to it, tested my air compressor which hasnt been used in a long while and just need to get a new set of maxtrax, essential for sand over here, but seeing your video rolling through the hills does make me miss the homeland a bit ;)

More
24 Sep 2024 14:56 #257667 by JAGtheman
Just got back from a work trip to Perth and like always just drooled at the range of 4x4s there. The 2024 Land Cruiser, OMG thats a beast. Met up with a young man who had just bought the 5 door Jimny so had to crawl all over it. The kid was like he had won the Lotto and I absolutely understood. I told him about my Gen 3 which got a blank look.... he asked me whether it was like a Sierra, my turn to look blank hahahaha...

Have a ball really enjoying your new Jimny there, Oz is Jimny Country for sure!

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

More
24 Sep 2024 16:07 - 24 Sep 2024 16:52 #257669 by facade
Sierra is the JDM name for what we would call the SZ5 spec. in the UK.
Presumably they didn't call it a Sierra in the UK as a Sierra was a jelly mould shaped Ford car that you could never start when the weather was cold (cooking versions) Ford also did a Sierra Cosworth which was a sort of inferior Lotus Carlton.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 24 Sep 2024 16:52 by facade.

More
26 Sep 2024 11:12 #257693 by Chicken
OK, so we picked it up this afternoon at 4pm, its really for the missus tbf I had an old navara dual cab 3.3 v6 which is also pretty capable offroad ;) But this thing just makes you smile. we took it for a spin to the coast (about 50km ), guess I will get some pictures tomorrow.

Its brisk blue, and we got it with
Ironman GVM upgrade/lift
ironman bullbar ( too many roos around here bull bar comes in really handy )
Ironman Snorkel ( probably not entirely necessary but the dust can really kick up especially if you are not the first car in the convoy, and wasnt much extra with all the other mods they were doing for us )
spot lights on the bull bar ( jeez they are bright )
Kumho 215/75r15 tyres
underbody / engine bay rust protection
black vue dash cams front and back
the smoked black bonnet protector thing

Also picked up a few of the essential little bits like the arm rest that plugs into the drink holders, the extra usb ports and 12v connections that plug into the 12v outlet and fits in with the style.

really enjoyed the ride, coming from the Navara the ride quality was fine, really quite refined, it does lack the power in the midrange and on inclines for sure but that was to be expected, and not really pushing it for the first few hundred kms, seemed quite happy going 100kph unless previously mentioned inclines showed up and pretty comfortable even for a tall fella at 6-3ish .

Was a little disappointed the android auto didnt show your speed like your android phone does when navigating unless Im doing something wrong there didnt see an option to bring that up.

Missus really happy and shes generally a slower driver anyway so the power isnt a bother to her at all. Already know its prefectly capable offroad, we will mostly be using on fairly easy tracks and beach driving when go offroad so dont think there will be a problem.

The Kumhos seem pretty decent on road fairly quiet and handled well. Will have some fun thius weekend and maybe get it on the beach for a little cruise before we go away for a decent trip down to Brisbane the following weekend to see some mates.

now I guess I need to learn all the "laws" :D

More
27 Sep 2024 12:17 #257705 by Chicken

More
27 Sep 2024 13:29 #257706 by DrRobin
Very nice, right colour as well.

Enjoy

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 Sep 2024 13:39 #257708 by lightning
Great looking Jimny.

More
27 Sep 2024 15:14 #257711 by Motacilla
Nice looking rig.

Different options than we get here in Europe.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds