BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny LCV

More
11 Apr 2023 14:07 #248509 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Jimny LCV
Many thanks Martin for another key issue that might impact on owners of a Jimny LCV - not that I like paying to park in regulated car parks at any time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2023 17:34 #248513 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny LCV
Yeah Harrogate police are infatuated with the scamera vans, especially on nice straight fast bits of tarmac with no junctions or other hazards, don't seem to see any near where you might think they would be useful for improving road safety though?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
12 Apr 2023 06:01 #248515 by Lambert

So being a 4X4 is irrelevant.

So if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a Jimny LCV.

Roger

Sorry I missed this earlier. As Martin said on the v5 it says light 4x4 utility not Car Derived Van so therefore it is entirely reliant on being capable of having engine power transmitted to all wheels in order to be considered as a dual purpose vehicle and therefore have car speed limits apply.

More
12 Apr 2023 07:01 #248517 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Jimny LCV
The guidance from the Ministry does not mention 4 wheel drive, therefore they must consider it irrelevant.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
More
12 Apr 2023 11:51 #248521 by Lambert

The guidance from the Ministry does not mention 4 wheel drive, therefore they must consider it irrelevant.

Roger

As taken directly from the link above

Dual purpose vehicles
A dual purpose vehicle is a vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage both of passengers and of goods and designed to weigh no more than 2,040 kg when unladen, and is either:

constructed or adapted so that the driving power of the engine is, or can be selected to be, transmitted to all wheels of the vehicle
or

permanently fitted with a rigid roof, at least one row of transverse passenger seats to the rear of the driver’s seat and will have side and rear windows - there must also be a minimum ratio between the size of passenger and stowage areas
See The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (Part 1 Regulation 3) for the full definition.

I'm confused as to how sending engine power to all wheels on a 4 wheeled vehicle can be anything other than 4x4?

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds