BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Side Mouldings Application Temperature

More
08 Apr 2023 12:22 #248441 by lidsparris
Hello all

I purchased the Suzuki side mouldings for my LCV and have been waiting to apply them as the instruction booklet states that the components and vehicle must be stored for 1 hour at the specified temperature of 18-35 degrees celsius - presumably for the adhesive to work effectively. It may be a while until we reach this temp range in Yorkshire and I am getting impatient! If it is indeed essential to wait then wait I shall, but wondering how strictly one needs to adhere to this and if anyone has applied them in lower temps and it been okay? It is 14 degrees and a nice dry day today and I'm considering risking it but thought I'd allow chance for you more experienced and knowledgable people than I on here to tell me not to :') 

(I did see a post on here that looked like it discussed this matter but every time I tried to open it I just got an error message so apologies if this has been discussed before)

Many thanks in advanced and I hope everyone is having a wonderful bank holiday weekend :)

Lydia 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2023 14:51 - 08 Apr 2023 14:53 #248442 by Scimike
Its a fact that the 3M tape adhesive work better when warm.
So assuming you're not having a sunny day to warm the panel, a fan heater blowing warm air over the body panel and trim  for 1/2 hour has always worked for me.
But 14 Deg in the sun is good enough, just avoid sub 10 Deg temperatures and warm the items with hairdryer/ fan heater if you have any doubts
MAke sure body panel is clean and free from grease.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 08 Apr 2023 14:53 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lidsparris

More
08 Apr 2023 19:10 #248445 by lidsparris
Thank you :)

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds