BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stopping the Beeps!

More
25 Feb 2023 10:35 #247748 by Williams
Stopping the Beeps! was created by Williams
I very much enjoy my little Commercial Jimny but feel I could enjoy it a bit more if I could silence a couple of the warning beeps.

The first is the overly keen seatbelt warning, I've attached a picture and wondered if someone could please advise if that white plug is what I need to disconnect to stop the seatbelt warning?  Don't think the LCV has airbags in the seat so hopefully that plug should do the trick.

Probably more involved but wondering if its possible to stop the warning when you leave the key in the ignition and have the drivers door open?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2023 12:04 #247751 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Stopping the Beeps!
Hi, there's a guide in the Wiki on how to disable the door open buzzer.

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Door_open_buzzer

More
25 Feb 2023 13:10 #247752 by Williams
Replied by Williams on topic Stopping the Beeps!
Thank you very much Gadget that's that one sorted! Just one more to fix now

More
25 Feb 2023 15:24 #247753 by Roger Fairclough
The SZ% has heated seats and seat belt warning built in as standard. You can disable the buzzer and the dash warning light on your Jimny by disconnecting the white wiring block under the seat but you will also need to bypass the system by putting a 2 0hm resister across the terminals where the white plug goes into it's corresponding socket.

Roger

More
25 Feb 2023 17:38 #247756 by Abudougal
Replied by Abudougal on topic Stopping the Beeps!
Does unplugging these things affect the MOT? I have an old one and unplugged the beeper for leaving the key in which is blissfully the only one it has but it's mot time soon.

More
25 Feb 2023 18:27 #247758 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Stopping the Beeps!
No. The only beep required for an MOT is the horn!

More
25 Feb 2023 21:39 #247760 by Williams
All beeps sorted thanks for your input everyone. M

More
07 Mar 2023 16:36 #247950 by TFL
Replied by TFL on topic Stopping the Beeps!
I wish to silence the beeper on my Gen4 for key in/open door as you highlighted and remedied as described in Wiki. Can you confirm that removing the steering column plug only silences the keyin/open door and all the other Beeps continue as normal (seat belt, indicaters etc)? I don't want to fail MOT.

More
12 Mar 2023 12:54 #248040 by Williams
Yes that's correct if you just unplug the steering column plug that just stops the key left ignition when the door is open beep. Seatbelt and other beeps remain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TFL

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds